Monday, April 10, 2006

weekend report

What a nice weekend we had! On Friday during the day I hung out with my friend Mia and her brand new son Ira. See picture of Ira I've included. This has been our routine - getting together every Friday. It's great for Jonah to be around other children.

Friday night Uncle Andy and Aunt Jenni babysat Jonah while Tim and I went out on a date to a nearby bar. I cherish my time with Tim out without the baby more than ever. The only person Jonah is okay with when we are not around is Andy. He cries with everyone else. Our outing on Friday only confirmed this.

Saturday we cleaned the house furiously since I had invited guests for our first attempt at a bbq this season. The weather didn't really collaborate, so our bbq turned into a potluck instead. A whole group of friends I hadn't seen in over a year came over. Fabulous people!

On Sunday we got out of town and went hiking in the Columbia Gorge. It was actually sunny for the first half of the hike, then we got rained on, only lightly and for just about ten minutes. It actually felt good since I was overheating in my winter layers. This little hike was the perfect length (about 2.5 miles), complete with two gorgeous waterfalls and beautiful views of the gorge from lookout points up high. I put new pictures in the more outdoor adventures album.

Also, Sunday I got an e-mail from a long-lost friend with whom I went to grade school in Prague. She was one of my favorite friends, and though we corresponded for a few years during college and even got together a couple of times, we lost contact more than ten years ago. She now lives in Spain and actually e-mailed my sister, hoping to get a hold of me. I got back to her the same day and she was amazed. The magic of the internet. How great it is to be in touch again! Another friend to visit on a vacation some day!

Last night was a bit rough. Jonah is teething and he woke up about six times crying. I barely got any sleep and he barely got any himself. The trials and tribulations of babyhood & motherhood, I guess.

No comments: