Tuesday, April 03, 2007

sentences & impersonations

Just last week Jonah said his first toddler sentence. He was "reading" one of his favorite books, which features construction vehicles such as dumpster trucks and diggers. He said, "Baby go outside." I know I posted here a long while back, claiming that Jonah uttered his first sentence, but now I realize that was just happenstance. He is now forming toddler-style sentences frequently. Yesterday morning he helped me do the dishes and while at the sink, he played with the coffee pot, narrating: "Coffee make daddy."

Also recently he put on Tim's shoes, put a bag over his shoulder, and began walking around the house talking in a loud and whiny pretend voice, the same type of voice he uses for make-belief phone conversations. I wonder if he was impersonating daddy. It sure seemed like it.

No comments: