Monday, July 06, 2009

visitors galore


The last two weeks have been mostly about entertaining visitors from the US. Tim's cousin Nate stayed with us for several days on his way to study in Russia. We enjoyed getting to know him better now that he is no longer a little boy but an adult with his own interests and observations about life.

Nate got to see me sing with my choir and to meet my grandmother during that occasion. They both had a nice time talking. My grandmother was charmed -- and I know this because she told me so -- by Nate's intelligence, sensitivity and good looks. Jonah didn't give Nate a minute to rest, constantly showering him with questions and showing off his weapons and warrior/robot maneuvers.

After Nate left, our good friends Megan and Stefan with their four-year-old son came to stay with us. Jonah loves Finn so those two were inseparable for a week. We spent half their stay enjoying Prague and then for three days opted out to leave town and enjoy the summer in the Czech countryside. The place where we went by train was a small town where I used to spend my summers as a girl. It still is paradise: wild strawberries, blueberries and raspberries; edible mushrooms and woods, creek and a lake to swim in. A perfect place for kids and adults who love nature.




More photos here (scroll down the page).

3 comments:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

After looking at all your photos - I can tell Jonah and Finn hit it off really well. I want to know if any of you used the slide to launch yourself in the lake?

Tereza said...

Actually, Tim is the only one who swam in the lake. Our timing was off. On the hottest day we were there we elected to go into a bigger town. Should've done that on one of the cooler days. Oh well. But my sister & I loved the slide as kids. It's pretty tall. Our favorite was going down sandwich-style: head first on our stomachs, with our dad on the bottom, then me in the middle and my sister on top. Weee!

MaryAnn Bottman said...

What fun! Talk about sandwich style, I think the boys looked like hot dogs in a bun in the rolled up quilts.