Friday, June 23, 2006

men at work

Here is a list of three men caught in the act -

1. Today while trying on clothes at a store, I caught my little man Jonah kissing himself in the fitting room mirror. "I'm so pretty," he said and planted one on. "Yep, I still like myself."

2. The other day I was shopping at a produce store when a man around forty with a muscle shirt and an unkempt stubble walked in whistling matter-of-factly and casually rattling his car keys. He had a serious expression and a rough look to him, but not to the point of appearing homeless. Far from it, in fact. He did, in some distant way, resemble George Michael, though I am pretty sure he was unaware of that fact. Do you know what he came in whistling? Drum roll, please.... it was "Little Bunny Foo Foo." Incredible.

3. This afternoon Jonah and I went for a walk in one of the largest and most frequented Portland parks. And what do I see, a man facing the bushes and relieving himself right next to the path. This was a reputable-looking gentleman too. In his sixties or seventies, I'd say. He turned around and saw us coming. Then he pretended to be surveying the trees and the sky. Good one.

In many parts of the world there is nothing unusual about spotting men peeing out in the open. In Prague, for example, it's quite a mundane spectacle. Oh, there is another drunkard pissing in the park. Just like his dog right next to him... Little children, too, when they have to go, they are allowed to go just about anywhere. In the gutter seems to be a favorite place. A busy city street? No problem. My gutter is your gutter. But in Portland urinating in public is a rare sight. Boy, were we lucky to spot such a rare specimen today.

No comments: