Friday, January 05, 2007

life back to normal

Now, after our trip, it's at last back to our Portland routine. I work Monday through Wednesday "swing shift" and watch Jonah until after lunch on those days as well as all day Thursday and Friday. I got used to spending our days as a family and now Thursdays and Fridays seem so long by myself with Jonah! I find myself at a loss for what to do sometimes, especially with the rainy and windy weather and Jonah's runny nose (better not hang out with other little kids now). Plus there is no one to cook for us. My grandma or dad fed us in Prague. We just had to take care of breakfast every day. Now I'm spoiled.

Today I took Jonah to the Rhododendron garden for the first time after a long time. He was so excited, running around in his snowmobile suit, chasing ducks and geese and wanting to touch their feathery butts. We fed them some and they, as they tend to do, got awfully close. Too close for my comfort, but not Jonah's, no sir. Overhead, more than a hundred wild geese circled and practiced their formations, each flock weaving in and out of the way of the next. It was the most mesmerizing site.

No comments: