Thursday, June 14, 2007

shameless plug

I just participated in the 50 Voices of Equality campaign, "a public education campaign by the Basic Rights Education Fund (BREF). BREF's mission is to build community through education and advocacy and to end discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in Oregon."

As a volunteer I interviewed prominent Oregonians dedicated to working against discrimination. After the interviews, I wrote copy for the campaign's website.

I interviewed Oregon Senator Frank Morse and activist Lew Frederick. I will be interviewing State Representative Judy Uherbelau later this month. So, go to 50voicesforequality.com, click on meet the 50 voices, and you will see the pieces I did.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Cool. really cool. How'd you get on as a volunteer with them?

Tereza said...

I actually saw their ad on craigslist. They were looking for a volunteer copy writer and I thought - I want to do that. So I did. Really great experience. Plus something else for my portfolio.