Sunday, February 15, 2009

remembering Amalia

A candle for Amalia on her would-be first birthday at my grandmother's on February 2:



And the flowers my grandmother Anna gave me on that day:



And a video I made as I set out to pay homage to my deceased grandmother and daughter at the New Jewish Cemetery on the first anniversary of Amalia's death. It was at that cemetery that I first encountered death after my grandmother Bedřiška died when I was ten. The video somehow illustrates a bit about Amalia's journey to me: the journey through the unknown towards a light, mom's (my) hand opening the door, being out in the world for just a moment, and, as the film ends, even -- unintentionally yet fittingly -- the funeral service office across the street called Tranquility...

1 comment:

Sondra said...

Lovely, A fitting Tribute.
Love,