Tuesday, May 16, 2006

first Mother's Day

Sunday was my first time celebrating Mother's Day - or should I say my first time being celebrated as a mother on Mother's Day. Tim and I celebrated last year too with Jonah still inutero, but that doesn't really count. As a present on Sunday, Jonah gave me a nice boquet wrapped in a diaper... Okay, enough potty humor. I had a fabulous day. Tim took my mom and me out to lunch to one of my favorite places - a Japanese buffet. I am always in seventh heaven there. So many choices! I stuffed myself with sushi, green bean salad, and much more including delicious dessert. My mom enjoyed it too. The place is pretty large and it was packed! All the mothers that day received a complimentary orchid - truly a nice touch.

After lunch we spent the rest of the day in our backyard talking, weeding, relaxing, and watching Jonah play with a bucket of water, which was the most exciting experience of his life, it seemed. For dinner I made a pot of lame curry, but it definitely didn't ruin the wonderful day we had had.

1 comment:

bakhazuka said...

mothers need special retreats and deserve respect.proud parents rule.