Friday, May 05, 2006

milestone

As of yesterday, Jonah has officially learned how to scoot. It's not quite crawling, but it's something akin to the army crawl. He started attempting this style of movement a while ago, but yesterday he successfully managed to inch his way forward towards a toy during story time. Ever since then, he has been using and perfecting his new skill every chance he gets. Putting Jonah down for naps and for the night has gone from a fifteen- to twenty-minute event to a forty-five minute ordeal during which he twists and turns and scoots and spins on the bed smiling sneakily or laughing. It's now become unsafe to have him sleep in our bed alone. We might have to get him a crib, something I wanted to avoid since I have bad memories of being in a crib myself. I had hoped we could transition him from his co-sleeper right into a toddler bed, but I guess there is an in-between stage, which we have just entered.

No comments: