Sunday, September 10, 2006

hiking


Hello long-lost friends. I haven't been posting as frequently lately, because I started my new job at the high school and things have been busy.

Tim, Jonah and I went hiking yesterday. Jonah enjoyed walking around in the woods. The terrain was a little rough for a person who has only been walking for a week and it was tough to stay interested in the trail enough to stay on it, but the woods were fun nevertheless. Especially intriguing was a pinecone that had apparently just fallen of the tree. How did I know this? Jonah got fresh sap all over his hand. A strange sensation and smell to say the least.

On another note, no mushrooms yet. We were disappointed. It's been so dry. We are impatiently waiting for that magic fall rain.

New photos here.

No comments: