Wednesday, August 01, 2007

full name & other language stuff

Jonah now knows his full name. Yesterday I heard him mumbling something in his car seat while driving. At a closer listen, I realized he was saying his last name over and over again. When I said his first, middle, and last name all together, he got excited and started repeating them with a big smile. I know Tim's been teaching him.

The other day he was playing with some coins. He put the coins in a slot and said: "Thank you. Have a good time" in a singy-songy voice. That was great.

He also now knows the word love. Right now he is walking around, saying: "Love concrete mixer. Love big bulldozer. Love dump truck." He just told me he loves me too. I'm glad I'm up there with all the construction equipment. Quite an honor.

This morning at breakfast Tim and I were marveling at Jonah's verbal ability. Tim told him: "You're amazing," at which Jonah smiled mischieviously and said: "Thanks."

Cheeky little monkey.

3 comments:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

We love Jonah, Grandma & Grandpa

Karin said...

Jonah was driving? Woah!

Karin said...

Yesterday when I saw him I said, "Hi, Jonah. How are you?"

He searched his mental language bank for a second, then answered, "Good."

Very nicely done, Little Man Jonah.