Tuesday, August 28, 2007

a month of celebrations


I haven't blogged in over two weeks. August is this family's busiest month of the year. Three of the three of us - wait, that's all of us! have our birthdays in August, plus Tim and I have our wedding anniversary at the end of the month.

For my birthday we went to visit friends and relatives in Seattle. It's always nice to see those folks. But before that, on the night of my birthday, I celebrated with my girlfriends. First we went out to eat, then to sing karaoke in our very own private room. What a blast!!! This was one of my very favorite birthday celebrations.

For Tim's birthday and our anniversary we spent four days in Central Oregon's ponderosa pine forests and in lava fields overlooking the spectacular 10,000+ foot volcanic peaks dominating the landscape. Jonah had a blast, especially since his uncle was there, later joined by his wife, aunt Jenni.


We - well the boys - swam in a pretty lake flanked by a forest. We hiked to another, smaller lake with a view of the snow-capped Sisters, and later along the pretty but freezing cold Metolius River whose current moves surprisingly fast. On our walk we saw snakes, butterflies, dragonflies, hawks, and deer with fawns. In the woods I even spotted what I was pretty sure was a coyote running. The best part was that there were very few people that we ran into on our explorations of the wilderness. The house we rented off Craigslist was gorgeous! Lots of wood, tall ceilings, spacious rooms, pretty rugs, a gas (wood) stove, a feeling of privacy, and a good layout for kids...

I put some pictures of our trip here. Enjoy.

1 comment:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

August was definitely a busy and fun month. Enjoyed your pictures from your weekend at Sisters. The swimming pictures make it look like the water was a little cold - chilly!