Thursday, September 15, 2005

spooky

Okay, have you ever tried taking a step only to have your leg give out underneath you and falling as a result? That's what happened to me last night. I was feeding Jonah at 4:00 am, then fell asleep on the sofa holding him. When I woke up about a half hour later I tried getting up but my left leg totally buckled under and I fell to the floor. I had no unusual feeling in my leg at all. I tried once more, but again found that my leg did not work. That's when I panicked and started to shake my leg and rub it like crazy. I thought, this is it. I've lost my left leg. But it turned out to only be asleep just without any sort of tingling.

I told the story to Tim and he laughed. He said that sometimes when my arm falls asleep in the middle of the night I will jerk awake and shake like I'm possessed. I've even been known to scream in these situations. There is something about the sensation of having lost a limb that I don't like.

No comments: