Monday, March 19, 2007

love to reminisce

Jonah now has the ability to reminisce about things he's done and people he's seen. He especially likes to do this in bed before he falls asleep. He not only wants to list the objects, people, and activities he's remembering from the day gone by, he wants to discuss them (with his limited vocabulary of course). I have to respond to him, repeat what he says and expand on it or admire his ability to extrapolate.

Example:

J: Fih, Fih, Fih..
me: Yes, Finn.
J: Fih, Fih, Fih...
me: We saw Finn today.
J: Meh, Meh...
me: And his mama Megan.
J: Hamma, baw.
me: You played with a hammer and balls at their house.
J: Dee.
me: You played with a digger too.
J: Dee, dee, dee.
me: The digger had a shovel.
J: Shofoo, shofoo...

It's amazing to see his cognitive ability expand.

No comments: