Monday, November 05, 2007

"Open it!"

Today I talked with Jonah again about the new baby coming. I explained about how when the baby comes, it will stay with us and sleep and eat with us, how we will take it for walks in the stroller and change its diapers, how it will be our baby. Jonah got all excited and demanded that I open my stomach: "Open it!"

I explained that it was too early, that the baby was still growing inside and offered instead to read him a book we have borrowed from our midwife about a home birth. Jonah finds the story of the little boy and his mom giving birth to a new baby intriguing. When we first borrowed it, he wanted it read three to five times in a row several times a day.

I am so excited for Jonah to become a big brother.

1 comment:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

Yes, Jonah will be a great Big Brother. Nelson is so protective of Giarratana, but then there is Basil who thinks it isn't fair. JoJo said Basil's favorite quote is: "It just isn't fair!" This is used at preschool, home and with his Grandparents.