Saturday, August 23, 2008

daddy-O's birthday

Today is Tim's birthday. It took him a week to catch up to me in age! Yes, it's true; there is only one week each year when he and I are different ages. Now he can feel as old as I do.

My Grandmother invited us over for a Czech traditional (and some say 'national') dish of pork, dumplings and cabbage. Those who have experienced the phenomenon of vepřo knedlo zelo are surely salivating now. And my Grandmother's cooking is out of this world. I stopped eating pork a couple of years back, but today I made an exception. It's all for the sake of childhood memories...

Tim was in heaven! Jonah did not want to leave his prababi's house. Here are some pics from this special day:




4 comments:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

Your Grandmother is so thoughtful. You can see she is enjoying the three of us, so much!

Michael5000 said...

I'm really glad you enjoyed your meal. For this non-Czech, though, there would only be three things wrong with pork, dumplings and cabbage.....

: )

Tereza said...

Michael, if just the idea of dumplings alone turns you off, I don't know if we can be friends. I say: give dumplings a chance!

Karin said...

Your dad's place is so lovely with all that green.

Say hi to them for me.