Friday, August 15, 2008

Jonah turns three


Our sweet Jonah turned three on Monday! We had a brunch with family and friends to celebrate on Sunday and a little party for Jonah in his uncle and aunt's backyard on his actual birthday.

Now that I mention it, I realized I totally forgot the piñata! Oh no! Well, I guess he will have his first piñata experience next year when he turns four.

For the first time, Jonah got that his birthday was his time: presents, family and all, though he did like to tell everyone else "happy birthday" too. I think he thought it was the right response to birthday wishes. Sort of like "you're welcome" is a good response for "thank you."

Our celebrations were bitter sweet. So nice, but mixed with sadness because we knew we wouldn't see a lot of our friends and family for a while. I was glad we were able to squeeze in some special Jonah time with the crazy move and all.

I still can't believe my little boy is already three!

No comments: