Monday, August 25, 2008

the old landlord's last hurrah

They say it ain't over till the fat lady sings. Our skinny caulk-obsessed ex-landlord has surely sung his last tune: a dragon's last fiery puff. That cooky man sent us a spreadsheet -- yes, spreadsheet -- listing the dozens of alterations he had to make to the house upon us moving out, billing us for every single detail.

You see for yourself that this man is "missing a screw," as we say in Czech (literally, apparently). These are just three of the many items on the list that irk me:

- Removal and repair of tape and nails in walls/woodwork ($5 per item): $5. Oh my god, he had to take one nail out of the wall!!!
- Replace light bulbs ($3 per item): $9
- Missing phone jack $40 - what? Why would we take that? Esp. to Prague where the phone jacks are different.

I have never, in my 35 years alive, met anyone more anal than Mr. Caulk, who apparently, when listing things like broken fridge door shelf bar and damaged floor air vent, does not account for three years of wear and tear. Mark my words: this will not go unchallenged!

1 comment:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

Well, you told me he would be pickie, pickie - so no surprise, right? But I agree, he has a screw loose!!