Sunday, January 29, 2006

earthquake

Last night Jonah experienced his first earthquake. It happened at 6:00 pm and was 2.9 in magnitude. We were all sitting in the livingroom. The house wobbled for about five seconds. I've already felt a few eartquakes in this area, so I'm no earthquake virgin. This last one was fun. Small and brief. I did wonder if there would be another bigger one folllowing. But that didn't happen, thank goodness. I looked up the earthquake on my favorite geological website and got all the info instantly. The epicenter was 30 miles south of town and 10 miles deep. The website has a section where people can report earthquakes they felt, so I did that right away. Then we turned on the news and found we already knew. Tim went to the store afterwards and heard a lady at the checkout counter tell the clerk that there was just a 6 point earthquake. Yeah, right. Crazy lady. Better check your sources.

No comments: