Friday, February 17, 2006

brand new person

Holding a brand new person in your arms is the most magical experience in the world. It is so moving!

I got to see my friends' new baby the other day, still at the hospital. What a precious little being!

The baby was hungry, impatiently waiting for mom's milk to come in. It was strange holding him and feeling the urge to feed him. That had never happened to me before. Of course, I restrained myself, thank goodness.

Hospitals are definitely not my cup of tea. The scrubs, monitors, fluorescent lights, the apparent sterility of it all scares me. Walking through the halls of the hospital and feeling apprehension was a good confirmation of my choice to give birth at a free-standing birth center. Overall, the birth was a good experience for me. It was hard seeing my friend in so much pain and so drugged up after a C-section. I hope she recovers very soon!

No comments: