Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day


Though we really celebrated Valentine's Day on the coast, Tim surprised me yesterday with flowers. Beautiful tulips and violets too - for work. We went out to dinner to one of my favorite restaurants, a Vietnamese restaurant that serves my favorite dessert ever called che van. It's a drink with beans, mung bean paste, jello candy, ice, and coconut milk. This time we ordered something new: roasted catfish. It was a whole fish, served with the head and all. What made the meal fun was assembling it - dipping the rice paper in hot water and filling it with noodles, lettuce, basil, cilantro, apple, pineapple, pickled carrot and dikkon, and finally fish meat that was so delicious! Then there was the dipping sauce, of course, to dip the wrap into. Tasty!!! We forgot the camera, but I found a picture of the fish online- from the same restaurant, I believe. I'll admit something to you. I'm still scared to eat shrimp since I had such a strong reaction after eating them last time. So fish was a good choice this time.

No comments: