Wednesday, February 15, 2006

good news in the PE department

I am proud to say that this week I started going to the gym. I begin my routine with some stretching, then work out on a few machines, then do a little cardio - treadmill, bike and the like, then do some more stretching and a couple of floor exercises (e.g. sit-ups). It feels so good to exercise. I've been a bum lately.

We used to go hiking and/or cross-country skiing every weekend, but now with the baby we haven't been going as much, so I really need more movement. I hope I can stick to my new routine.

The gym where I go actually has a view. It looks out across a field at a small forest-like patch of old trees - very calming when one is sweating and cussing on a robot with a conveyor belt.

There are some interesting characters that go to the same community center to work their buns out. There is the lumberjack that likes to use the machines wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, there is the slim old man with an unusually long white beard, there is even a black Richard Simmons! How lucky am I?

No comments: