Sunday, March 12, 2006

Oh oh... here comes Oprah again

I don't know why I keep dreaming about Oprah. This is the second dream I've had about her in the past month. Is she sending me a message? In both dreams I thought: "This is my big moment. I'm right next to Oprah. I must say something memorable and convey my admiration of her." Well, my interaction with her left lots to be desired.

The first time I was having dinner at a restaurant with Oprah right at our table. I don't remember the dream too well. But I know that to my disappointment, I was pretty much tongue-tied.

Two nights ago again Oprah made a cameo appearance. We were both in a checkout line at a store. She was sporting a new lipstick color - a very bright red called "Communist." There was some buzz about it among the people surrounding the cash register. I looked at her with a meaningful sideways smile exaggerating her name, "Ohhhhoooopraaaah," teasing her about her Communist lipstick. She gave me the cold shoulder.

I've done it again, I thought. Missed my opportunity to make an impression. Oprah will never be my friend. Hear me sigh, see a tear drop fall to the ground.

No comments: