Tuesday, March 28, 2006

weekend trip

We had a great weekend. Jonah got to meet his great-grandparents. He was all smiles in great-grandma's lap. Tim's cousins, cousin's one-year-old son, and uncle showed up too - a mini family reunion as Tim's grandpa called the gathering.

After visiting the great-grandparents, we continued the trip to Seattle where we got together with friends for dinner and again for a walk and brunch the next day. We stayed in a hotel, which I tend to enjoy... except no Jaccuzzi after I had looked forward to one the whole trip up. But otherwise, the hotel was a good choice. Jonah enjoyed it too. At dinner, he nursed, then passed out on my lap and slept there under the table almost the whole dinner. Everyone forgot a baby was there with us.

Jonah was in good spirits the whole trip except for the last forty-five minutes or so of the car ride each way. He'd had enough sitting still and started getting upset. I had to come up with all kinds of ways to keep him quiet and entertained, so Tim could drive without panicking. I have never been so creative in my life. I guess Jonah's limit in the car is about an hour and a half.

No comments: