Sunday, July 02, 2006

babi is here!


It's been so wonderful having my grandmother here. I think I want to keep her here! Jonah is enjoying his time with his grandma and great-grandma. So much family around.. and he loves it. More attention for him!

Today we went on a nice trip to the Columbia Gorge, a magical place called Sherrard's Point on Larch Mountain. It's a spectacular viewpoint from which one can see all the volcanic peaks in the area - Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, and even Mt. Rainier which is almost a hundred miles away. I put some pictures from our trip in the outdoor adventures album.

Yesterday we went to my favorite farmer's market and to an art gallery where a Czech friend of my mother's has a show. Inspired by the Bottmans, we decided it was about time to establish a cocktail hour at our house. So from this weekend on, we're having cocktails between five and six in the evening in preparation for dinner. So far, cocktail hour has been a big hit with the grandmas (great-grandma and regular grandma). And I'm happy about that. Tonight we had gin and tonics.

No comments: