Monday, March 10, 2008

who let the dogs out?

I've got to get something off my chest. This morning I was on my speed walk through the neighborhood - you know my new routine I wrote about earlier - when a dog appeared out of nowhere, charging at me, flaunting its huge canine fangs. It was growling, barking and even jumping at me, though luckily it only dared to land about two feet away from me.

As you have probably guessed by now, it wasn't on a leash and its owner was straggling lackadaisically about a block behind the dog.

As if that weren't enough, this incident happened on the edge of elementary school grounds. Fortunately the kids were all inside.

I yelled at the owner to put his dog on a leash and he retorted, as most dog owners do, that his dog would never bite. Did he not notice his little darling's pea-sized brain switched into attack mode when it saw me coming? Some dog owners...

Maybe next time I should carry something like this - in leopard print, of course. That would teach them.

1 comment:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

I agree, definitely leopard print.