Wednesday, August 24, 2005

guess whose birthday



Yes, it was daddy's turn to celebrate. August is our little family's month. Baby's b-day was supposed to be last. But no, he wanted to kick off the August string of festivities for us every year. So his big day is August 11. Then comes my birthday, August 16, followed by Tim's, August 23. Next is our wedding anniversary - August 30. This will be our second.

So, for Tim's birthday yesterday we planned our first outing to a restaurant with baby.

First, baby got a sponge bath. This woke him up and made him hungry, Next, he had his dinner, served up homestyle. Then we were ready to run out the door, knowing we would have anywhere between an hour and a half and two and a half hours of baby quietly sleeping between meals.

We zoomed downtown to one of our favorite restaurants at which birthday people eat for free.

Tim was in heaven eating just about everything the buffet had to offer. Especially the Korean short ribs, as you can see pictured here.

Eating sushi was blissful for me since I couldn't eat it while pregnant. (They say to stay away from raw fish because of bacteria...) My favorite dishes were: sushi (different types of salmon rolls), green beans, cesar salad, teriyaki chicken, mango (the freshest and most delicious I've ever had!), chocolate mouse, creme broule, and something like a mini canoli.

I was so excited to eat sushi that I couldn't stop talking about it. When Tim left the table for a while, it was just me and my sushi. Nothing else in the world existed for a minute.


Tim made fun of me and said he will just give me a raw piece of fish to go to bed with that night. He said, "In fact, we have some frozen salmon in the freezer. I'll just defrost that for you to go to bed with."

After Tim ate his thirty-two course buffet dinner, he said, "I wish someone could burp me." I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

Jonah slept peacefully through the whole thing and was ready to eat when we got home. How perfect!

No comments: