Saturday, August 20, 2005

our house



The house we live in has witnessed so much of our lives!

When Tim and his brother Andy lived together in another one of the four apartments in our building, Tim and I started dating. That was over nine years ago.

Seven years later Tim and I moved back into the building. We both turned thirty and got married. I finished my Masters in education, got pregnant and had our first baby.

So many significant life changes happened in this house on Albina Avenue. Recently I realized that Albina was the name of my grandmother's great-aunt who took care of her and her brother when they orphaned as little children. The way my grandmother has always talked about Auntie Albina, I figured she was nearly a saint. Now it seems that she has kept her watchful loving eye over us on this street, under this roof as we go through so many lifechanging events. Thank you Auntie Albina!

1 comment:

Karin said...

I love that you're doing this. It's like having a conversation with you. Thank you for letting us inside your head, your life, your new family! Lucky us!

Karin