Tuesday, August 23, 2005

sleep is good, but...

When are the nightmares going to go away? Last night I had to endure watching a little girl get swept up by a waterfall. It was a little girl I knew. She was in the day care program where I used to teach. A troubled child about seven or eight years old. Awkward. No one wanted to play with her. One time she was very upset and she ran around screaming, "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair!" at the top of her lungs. I didn't know how to help her.

One day I got an idea. I brought her my hand-held tape recorder and let her borrow it. I told her she could carry it around and record herself. She loved it and it made her popular with the other kids. But the tape recorder was broken by the second day.

Another nightmare I had a few nights ago was about my mother-in-law, MaryAnn, who got scalded by hot water in a bathtub of a supposedly fancy hotel. Except the hotel was falling apart and the rating was only two stars.

I want the nightmares to go away!!!

No comments: