Tuesday, December 27, 2005

holiday report

We had a great Christmas. My mom spent Cristmas Eve and Day with us. On the twenty-fourth we cooked together, sang carols, and then in the evening had a traditional dinner of fish soup, breaded and fried fish and potato salad, topped with mountains of cookies, of course. Jonah was too excited to fall asleep, so he ended up being up late, watching us open presents. Lucky Ducky got ten times more than the rest of us. I got a great present from Tim. It's a digital recorder. I can't wait to use it on some recording projects I have in mind.

On the twenty-fifth, I lit the first Hannukah candle. This was my first time celebrating Hannukah and I really enjoyed it. Of course, there are still a few more days left. I heard an interesting fact: every thirteen years Hannukah and Christmas start on the same day. This was one of those years.

We also had a friend from Seattle visit Sunday morning, and another friend join us for dinner that evening. Very, very nice.

I wanted to have something else to look forward to lined up, so we're throwing a little party on Thursday. We will be serving cookies, hot toddies, and spiced apple cider.

Then in January, Tim's parents will be coming to visit, and at the end of the month my sister will be here from New York. I can't wait.

No comments: