Friday, April 25, 2008

things I look forward to

in the Czech Republic:

- family

- friends

- food ........ always my top three favorites anytime, anywhere

- not having a car

- walking more

- living in a denser city where many things (e.g. groceries) can be accessed by foot

- exploring the country's and continent's historical and natural places of interest (I haven't been to so many!)

- feeling energized by the change of lifestyle and environment

- meeting new and interesting people

- getting to know old friends better

If I think of more, I will add to this list.

3 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Speaking Czech with strangers?
Eating Czech food?
Turning on the radio and hearing Czech?
Lots of pretty old stuff?
Rad museums?

Tereza said...

Let's see:

Speaking Czech with strangers? - uhmm... actually Czechs can be quite rude and abrupt. So that's why this one is not on my list.

Eating Czech food? - yup, on my list.

Turning on the radio and hearing Czech? - Yeah. I listen to Czech radio on the internet here occasionally. I must say Portland radio & certain US-based political podcasts I listen to are much higher quality than most Czech radio. But yes, it will be great hearing Czech all around me on a regular basis.

Lots of pretty old stuff? - definitely

Rad museums? - I have to explore those. It's been years. I have been to lots of cool art galleries there though.

STAFF said...

BEER, hot wine and that wonderful style of burnt piglet that they offer in the city squares around the holidays!