Wednesday, April 30, 2008

tradition, tradition

I've come to the conclusion that inside every Czech is a pagan waiting to be set free. My dad called me today, reminding me that it's time to burn the old witches, a tradition I have nearly forgotten about.

And tomorrow, my dad added, is May Day, which is the Day of Lovers, for the Czechs. My husband must kiss me under a flowering tree - preferrably a cherry tree - to make sure I "don't wither."

When I told Tim about this, he said: "Oh, I must have forgotten to do that last year." Funny, funny guy.

3 comments:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

Tim, I hope you found a flowering Cherry tree today.

Michael5000 said...

Inside every Czech is a pagan waiting to be set free.

Tereza is Czech.

Therefore, inside Tereza is a pagan waiting to be set free?

Tereza said...

Michael, I did take a "what religion are you" test which identified me as a neo-pagan.