Tuesday, May 13, 2008

kitchen beats

Apparently the Ikea store is having a contest as part of which people send in short homemade videos of "kitchen rhythms" - people making music with kitchen utensils and such. Jonah and I watched and rated a whole bunch of them today. (It just so happens that Jonah has lately been quite enthusiastic about the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" gestures, the rating system used to pick a winner in the contest). This video was a favorite (you can find more here):



Here is a version of Jonah turning the kitchen into a garage band practice space. (This one goes out especially to Jonah's soon-to-be uncle, who is a real-life drummer.) We filmed it last week before I even ran across the Ikea contest. Too late to submit, I guess. And yes, those are chop sticks he is using.

3 comments:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

Jonah gets my thumbs up. Love, Grandma

Michael5000 said...

Highly cute. But I'm trying to figure out how Jonah could get a brother in law?

Tereza said...

Good job noticing, Michael. I corrected the post - it now reads: "Jonah's soon-to-be uncle."