Sunday, May 11, 2008

a mother's day well spent

Tasty brunch at sister- and brother-in-laws with friends, a nap, pizza with Jonah and Tim. Even a little bit of sunshine outside.

The nice thing is that one more Mother's Day celebration is coming up later this week when Tim takes me out on a date. Yippeee!

Aside from eating, also got some pre-moving sorting done in the basement (will try to do a little every day or at least every other day). Today I focused on old boxes of mail. Talk about energy-consuming. Letters from friends and family that go as far back as twenty years! I kept all personal letters and cards, of course, and only threw away old statements and the like.

By the way, Jonah is thirty-three-months-old today. We just weighed him. He weighs 30 lbs, which apparently puts him in the 25 to 50 percentile of children his age. He is a skinny, but healthy-looking kid. Not a picky eater, but we have had to hand-feed him lately since, even sitting at a table, he seems too busy to focus on feeding himself. I never thought I would be one of those ridiculous, obsessive moms running around after her toddler with bites of food.

3 comments:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

Nice and relaxing! It is always fun to have someone do the cooking, I am spoiled because John is such a great cook.

Michael5000 said...

I know how he feels. I feel to busy to focus on feeding myself too. Fortunately, there's restaurants.

Tereza said...

But do most restaurants come with someone to literally feed you (or in this case Jonah)? I guess that's what parents are for..