Thursday, May 08, 2008

think globally, act ...

... locally, of course. Well, this is the first year that I can vote in this wonderful US of A. So, I'm gearing up for voting in the local elections - ballot measures, city council members, mayor... You know the deal. I think that voting locally is as important, if not more important, than voting for the President.

I spent some time listening to the mayoral and city council candidates on our community radio station. Very interesting indeed. While I listened, Jonah played and randomly repeated words and phrases he heard (e.g. "low-income housing") with a huge toothy smile just like a miniature budding politician.

For those of you who live in my neck of the woods, what are your thoughts on the local issues and how you will be voting and why.

1 comment:

Karin said...

I haven't made even one effort to learn anything about anything or anyone yet. Bad Portlander. :(

I'd love to sit down with you very soon to hear your thoughts on things.