Thursday, July 31, 2008

back from New York


Just three days ago we got back from New York where we cheered for my sister at her wedding. The trip centered on family, though we did take in some sights as well. The favorite was the Brooklyn Promenade (see pic) with nice views of the Manhattan skyline and an adjacent playground - a hit with Jonah! We also got to see my sister perform at Prospect Park - a huge show. And get this: she was the opener for Philip Glass!


My sister's ceremony was beautiful and she and the groom looked happy as can be. It was great catching up with old friends and meeting my brother-in-law's family.

I'll put up a few pics soon. For now, just a tease.

And may I just say that the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott was definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed in. For sure, worth your money, in case you want to know. And they didn't pay me to say that... but perhaps they should.

3 comments:

MaryAnn Bottman said...

Marta was a beautiful bride.

Sondra said...

Philip Glass! How kool is that...
Marta looks very happy. What is her husbands name?

Tereza said...

My brother-in-law's name is Adam. He is also a musician: a drummer and percussionist. Now Jonah officially has a second uncle. Horray for that!