Tuesday, July 08, 2008

this just in!

Here is for some exciting news: I was just offered the job I recently applied for in Prague. The bulk of what I will be teaching will be "business English." I look forward to having a new challenge and a new work environment. After all, I have been employed by the organization where I currently work for the majority of the last ten years!

The strangest thing about this new offer is that the people who hired me never met me. They saw my resume, cover letter, and a picture of me on my resume (a required component of a European resume). They interviewed me over the internet (voice only; no video) and I got the job. This is definitely the first remote offer I have had. Ah, technology...

6 comments:

Michael5000 said...

w00t!

MaryAnn Bottman said...

We had no doubt! Way to go....John & MaryAnn

jenni said...

Congradulations!!!

Aunt Jo Jo said...

Way to go MS Smart. Aunt Jo Jo

Karin said...

Yay! :) Good for you!

Sondra said...

YA HOOO! Knew you would get it.
Love,
Sondra