Friday, July 11, 2008

a shelter over our head

As of yesterday, we have a place to live in Prague! Thanks, dad! I haven't seen pictures of the apartment. All I know is that it has two bedrooms, is furnished and that it's on a quiet street close to everything.

The building is practically across the street from a Jewish cemetery where my paternal grandparents AND Franz Kafka are buried. The location is quite good - only a few subway or tram stops from city center and Jonah's pre-school and my work, which are within blocks of each other. One tram ride will get us over to see my grandma as well.

One of the best parts is that my best Czech friend and her three kids (and husband) live only a fifteen minute walk away. Her kids are 6, 7 and 13 years old. They have a backyard (with a swing set!)- a rarity in Prague, where most live in apartments. Let's just hope the furniture and wall colors aren't too horrendous in this place. But I can't complain. We have been able to take care of most of the essentials remotely - job, place to live, and Jonah's pre-school. What more can I ask?

2 comments:

Karin said...

Wow! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures, especially of you in it. :)

Michael5000 said...

Kafka's ghost! Excellent....