Wednesday, July 02, 2008

getting ready

We are getting ready for our big move. There is so much to do! Find homes for our kitties, sort and pack up our stuff, reserve storage... The list goes on and on. Sometimes when I think about it, I feel overwhelmed. But I'm also excited.

I wonder how the transition period once there will go. Jonah is not used to be in a fluent Czech environment and he will be starting Czech preschool come September. He is really ready for preschool, constantly eying and trying to interact with other kids. I've gotten him a couple of books about children going to school and it seems like he is very excited. A friend said: "Starting preschool is always hard at first, so I don't think you have to worry about the language. That way he will be adjusting to both all at once." I think he is right.

As far as my job, I still haven't heard back. They were waiting for my manager's references which he sent yesterday. He said: "She is very skillful teacher, her reliability, commitment, organizational ability and willingness to help others is a win win for whoever hires her." Is it bad to tout your own horn once in a while? Well, I've done it again anyway.

I'll keep you posted on further developments.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Hey, good for you! It's nice to get positive feedback!