Friday, January 11, 2008

new project

Inspired by my friend Karin, I decided to start a blog that will give me a chance to devote some time to creative writing. Hey, now that I'm on maternity leave, I've got to invent some kind of non-parenting related work for myself.

The idea is to write a short little piece each day for one year about a different person that I have known. Writing every day is quite a big commitment, especially with a new baby coming soon, but why not give it a try. These short pieces don't have to take much time.

Most people who have a 365-type blog (yes, lots of people do) have an exact word count for all their posts. For example, each composition must be no less or no more than 35 words. I will just try to keep my posts short. Counting my words and trying to edit my writing down to the same number of words each time feels too rigid. I like the idea of writing something creative every day and of reaching into the crevices of my brain for memories that may otherwise never resurface.

Here is the link to my 365 experiment. Let's see how long I can keep it up.

1 comment:

Cari said...

cool! looking forward to it.